Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

How to make a privacy complaint

The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) allows you to submit a privacy complaint if you believe the University has  collected, used,  disclosed or  disposed of  your personal information in an improper way.

If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding how the University has collected, used, disclosed or retained your personal information, then you may submit a complaint to the Access and Privacy Office using the online Privacy Support Request Form.

When you submit your form, please provide as much detail as possible in order to assist the university in investigating and responding to your concerns. You should include:

Your contact information;

The specific record or personal information at issue;

The form, process or activity for which your personal information was collected, used or disclosed;

The reason(s) you believe the collection, use or disclosure was improper; and

Any information you have regarding the improper use of your personal information (who, where, what happened).

If you feel that the university has collected, used or disclosed your personal information in contravention of privacy and access laws, then you are encouraged to submit a complaint to the university's Access and Privacy Office.

If the university is not able to resolve your complaint directly, or you do not want to make your complaint to the university, then you may submit a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC).

 Information about how to submit a privacy complaint can be found on the IPC website